The Saracen Shape-Up Horse food is a calorie controlled low intake ration for horses and ponies. The recipe is a low starch (7.5%), and low sugar (7%), high fibre mix that helps support a normal and healthy metabolism and provides a balanced diet with low intake levels. The feed is high in digestible 'Super-Fibres' to provide slow-release fibre sources and it contains added Omega 3 fatty acids and magnesium to help maintain joint health and mobility and cell sensitivity. This horse feed maintains a healthy digestive system, immune function and supports healthy hoof growth and quality.
The Saracen Shape-Up Horse Food is suitable for good-doers in work, fussy feeders, horses and ponies in a weight management program, or those which may have an increased risk of metabolic issues.
|Digestible Energy||11.5 MJ/kg|
|Vitamin A||30,500 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D3||5,750 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||820 IU/kg|
These recommendations are intended as a guide only. Intakes may vary according to the quality and type of forage used, the amount of grazing time available and, in addition, the horse's metabolic rate and type of work being carried out. We recommend that you speak to a Saracen Nutritionist if you require further assistance if your horse has been diagnosed as being obese, needs to lose weight or is suffering from laminitis.
Feed 200g per 100 kg body weight per day
E.g 500kg horse, feed 1kg per day. A 20kg bag will feed a 500 kg horse for 20 days
These recommendations assume forage intake of 1.5% of body weight. Preferably add 1 - 2 ounces of salt to the feed or ensure free access to a salt lick.
For more information and advice please contact the Saracen Nutritional Team.
|Dietary Requirements||Weight Control|
|Size of Bag (kg)||20kg|
- Free standard delivery (3-5 working days) is available on all mainland UK orders over £45 (up to a maximum parcel weight of 30kg).
- Standard Delivery (3-5 working days) - For orders under £45 (or over 30kg in weight) our standard delivery rate starts from £4.99 and are subject to the total weight of your order which is automatically calculated at the checkout. Please see the Delivery Information page for full details of the rates, including our charges for Highland, Remote and Offshore UK postcodes.
- Express delivery (1-2 working days) starts from £7.99 and all orders are subject to total order weight. Express delivery is only available Monday to Friday, it is not available on weekends or on Bank Holidays. All orders must be received by 10am to ensure they are processed and delivered within the 2 working days.
- Click & Collect is available from our York store. In some instances, please allow up to 5 working days for your products to arrive in store ready for collection.
- Please see the Delivery Information page for more details.